Re: gamma() and lgamma() functions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: gamma() and lgamma() functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Jul-01, Stepan Neretin wrote:

> I have one notice:
> ERROR:  value out of range: overflow. I think we need to add information
> about the available ranges in the error message

I think this is a project of its own.  The error comes from calling
float_overflow_error(), which is a generic routine used in several
functions which have different overflow conditions.  It's not clear to
me that throwing errors listing the specific range for each case is
worth the effort.

"Escucha y olvidarás; ve y recordarás; haz y entenderás" (Confucio)