Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings (was: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15)

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings (was: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 02:09:58PM +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> > This yielded commit 4ed8f09 "Index SLRUs by 64-bit integers rather than by
> > 32-bit integers" and left some expressions coercing SLRU page numbers to int.
> > Two sources:
> >
> >  grep -i 'int\b.*page' $(git grep -l SimpleLruInit)
> >  make && touch $(git grep -l SimpleLruInit) && make PROFILE=-Wconversion 2>&1 | less -p '.int. from .int64. may
alterits value'

> > (Not every match needs to change.)
>
> I examined the new warnings introduced by 4ed8f09. Most of them seem
> to be harmless, for instance:
[...]
> I prepared the patch for clog.c. The rest of the warnings don't strike
> me as something we should immediately act on unless we have a bug
> report. Or perhaps there is a particular warning that worries you?

Is "int" acceptable or unacceptable in the following grep match?

src/backend/commands/async.c:1274:    int            headPage = QUEUE_POS_PAGE(QUEUE_HEAD);

Сообщение: Re: JIT causes core dump during error recovery
Сообщение: Re: JIT causes core dump during error recovery