Re: BUG #18377: Assert false in "partdesc->nparts >= pinfo->nparts", fileName="execPartition.c", lineNumber=1943

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #18377: Assert false in "partdesc->nparts >= pinfo->nparts", fileName="execPartition.c", lineNumber=1943
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2024-Jun-24, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Thanks for looking again.  I have finally pushed this.
>
> Um ... you are aware that we are in beta2 release freeze, no?

Sigh.  No, I missed that.  I'm going to revert it now, because I see that
skink failed.  I don't see how my patch is to blame since it's a timeout
and we have no logs for the failure; but maybe my patch did make
something slower and caused some test to go over the time limit.

I'd revert from master only though, to avoid noise in the other branches
that aren't in commit freeze and there are no BF failures.  Any hard
votes against doing that?

"Postgres is bloatware by design: it was built to house
 PhD theses." (Joey Hellerstein, SIGMOD annual conference 2002)