Re: How to attach partition with primary key

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: How to attach partition with primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2024-Jun-18, Philipp Faster wrote:

> As I understand, PostgreSQL refuses to use existing primary key for
> some reason and tries to create its own as a children of
> "Transactions" table's primary key.

Yeah.  Your case sounds like the primary key in the partitioned table
has some slight definition difference from the stock one, which makes
the one you create in the partition not an exact match.  I'd suggest to
look at what "pg_dump -s" emits as definition of the table with a
magnifying glass to search for such differences.