Re: libpq contention due to gss even when not using gss

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: libpq contention due to gss even when not using gss
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-06-14 10:46:04 +0200, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> At the same time after quick look I don't see an easy way to avoid that.
> Current implementation tries to initialize gss before getting any
> confirmation from the server whether it's supported. Doing this other
> way around would probably just shift overhead to the server side.

Initializing the gss cache at all isn't so much the problem. It's that we do
it for every connection. And that doing so requires locking inside gss. So
maybe we could just globally cache that gss isn't available, instead of
rediscovering it over and over for every new connection.

Greetings,

Andres Freund