Re: Keeping track of buildfarm animals' personality

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Keeping track of buildfarm animals' personality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Jun-12, Thomas Munro wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 4:13 AM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> > There are two problems with this system, and have been since the get-go.
> > First, owners forget to run the upgrade-personalty.pl script when the
> > upgrade the OS and./or compiler. Second, there is no standardization of
> > the names. Complaints about these surfaced (again) at the Vancouver
> > unconference session about the buildfarm's future.
>
> I was sorry to miss that one!  Basically every unconference was
> unmissable, but you had to miss 3/4 of them due to physics...

2/3.  Yeah, but I think the room selection algorithm we used is flawed.
One that works better schedules all the most popular talks in the
biggest room (matches what we did), but for the second room, we should
sort in the opposite direction: put the fifth most popular topic in the
last slot of the second room, and the sixth most popular in the last
slot of the third room (instead, we filled the second and third room the
same way as the first one).  So for twelve topics it'd be like this,
numbers represent topics ordered by popularity:

room 1      room 2      room 3
  1.         11.         12.
  2.          9.         10.
  3.          7.          8.