Re: UPDATE with multiple WHERE conditions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: UPDATE with multiple WHERE conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2024-Jun-12, David G. Johnston wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 2:28 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have a table with 3492 rows. I want to update a boolean column from
> > 'false' to 'true' for 295 rows based on the value of another column.
>
> I'll often just use a spreadsheet to build the 295 update commands and
> copy-paste them into psql or whatnot.

A closely related technique: if you have a query that generates the
UPDATE commands you need, you can run it under \gexec in psql, and
they'll be executed.

Al principio era UNIX, y UNIX habló y dijo: "Hello world\n".
No dijo "Hello New Jersey\n", ni "Hello USA\n".