Re: Proposal: Job Scheduler

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Proposal: Job Scheduler
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Jun-06, Dave Page wrote:

> It's this kind of choice that means it's unlikely we'd include any one
> option in PostgreSQL, much like various other tools such as failover
> managers or poolers.

TBH I see that more as a bug than as a feature, and I see the fact that
there are so many schedulers as a process failure.  If we could have
_one_ scheduler in core that encompassed all the important features of
all the independent ones we have, with hooks or whatever to allow the
user to add any fringe features they need, that would probably lead to
less duplicative code and divergent UIs, and would be better for users
overall.

That's, of course, just my personal opinion.