Re: race condition in pg_class

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: race condition in pg_class
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 04:29:23PM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> I'm attaching patches implementing the LockTuple() design.

Starting 2024-06-10, I plan to push the first seven of the ten patches:

inplace005-UNEXPECTEDPASS-tap-meson-v1.patch
inplace010-tests-v1.patch
inplace040-waitfuncs-v1.patch
inplace050-tests-inj-v1.patch
inplace060-nodeModifyTable-comments-v1.patch
  Those five just deal in tests, test infrastructure, and comments.
inplace070-rel-locks-missing-v1.patch
  Main risk is new DDL deadlocks.
inplace080-catcache-detoast-inplace-stale-v1.patch
  If it fails to fix the bug it targets, I expect it's a no-op rather than
  breaking things.

I'll leave the last three of the ten needing review.  Those three are beyond
my skill to self-certify.