Re: Introduce new multi insert Table AM and improve performance of various SQL commands with it for Heap AM

Sorry to interject, but --

On 2024-May-15, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:

> It looks like with the use of the new multi insert table access method
> (TAM) for COPY (v20-0005), pgbench regressed about 35% [1].

Where does this acronym "TAM" comes from for "table access method"?  I
find it thoroughly horrible and wish we didn't use it.  What's wrong
with using "table AM"?  It's not that much longer, much clearer and
reuses our well-established acronym AM.

We don't use IAM anywhere, for example (it's always "index AM"), and I
don't think we'd turn "sequence AM" into SAM either, would we?