Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
Дата
Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-May-14, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Turns out these commits generated a single release note item, which I
> have now removed with the attached committed patch.

Hmm, but the commits about not-null constraints for domains were not
reverted, only the ones for constraints on relations.  I think the
release notes don't properly address the ones on domains.  I think it's
at least these two commits:

> -Author: Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>
> -2024-03-20 [e5da0fe3c] Catalog domain not-null constraints
> -Author: Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>
> -2024-04-15 [9895b35cb] Fix ALTER DOMAIN NOT NULL syntax

It may still be a good idea to make a note about those, at least to
point out that information_schema now lists them.  For example, pg11
release notes had this item

<!--
2018-02-07 [32ff26911] Add more information_schema columns
-->

       <para>
        Add <literal>information_schema</literal> columns related to table
        constraints and triggers (Peter Eisentraut)
       </para>

       <para>
        Specifically,
        <structname>triggers</structname>.<structfield>action_order</structfield>,
        <structname>triggers</structname>.<structfield>action_reference_old_table</structfield>,
        and
        <structname>triggers</structname>.<structfield>action_reference_new_table</structfield>
        are now populated, where before they were always null.  Also,
        <structname>table_constraints</structname>.<structfield>enforced</structfield>
        now exists but is not yet usefully populated.
       </para>