Re: minor error message inconsistency in make_pathkey_from_sortinfo

От Yugo NAGATA
Тема Re: minor error message inconsistency in make_pathkey_from_sortinfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:05:00 +0800
jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi.
>
> in make_pathkey_from_sortinfo
>
> equality_op = get_opfamily_member(opfamily,
>   opcintype,
>   opcintype,
>   BTEqualStrategyNumber);
> if (!OidIsValid(equality_op)) /* shouldn't happen */
> elog(ERROR, "missing operator %d(%u,%u) in opfamily %u",
> BTEqualStrategyNumber, opcintype, opcintype, opfamily);
>
> the error message seems not right?

This message was introduced by 278cb434110 which was aiming to
standardize the wording for similar errors. We can find the pattern

 "missing {support function | operator} %d(%u,%u) in opfamily %u"

in several places.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--