Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?
Дата
Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?  (Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 04:08:08PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think the actual plan now is that we'll sync the in-tree copy
> with the buildfarm's results (and then do a tree-wide pgindent)
> every so often, probably shortly before beta every year.

Okay.  Is this just to resolve the delta between the manual updates and a
clean autogenerated copy every once in a while?

> The problem with the README is that it describes that process,
> rather than the now-typical workflow of incrementally keeping
> the tree indented.  I don't think we want to remove the info
> about how to do the full-monty process, but you're right that
> the README needs to explain the incremental method as being
> the one most developers would usually use.
>
> Want to write some text?

Yup, I'll put something together.

--
Nathan Bossart