Re: subscription/026_stats test is intermittently slow?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: subscription/026_stats test is intermittently slow?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-04-19 13:57:41 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Have others seen this? Is there something we can/should do about it?

Yes, I've also seen this - but never quite reproducible enough to properly
tackle it.

The first thing I'd like to do is to make the wait_for_catchup routine
regularly log the current state, so we can in retrospect analyze e.g. whether
there was continual, but slow, replay progress, or whether replay was entirely
stuck.  wait_for_catchup() not being debuggable has been a problem in many
different tests, so I think it's high time to fix that.

Greetings,

Andres Freund