Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Apr-17, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Hmm, cannot we simply add a USING clause to the CREATE TABLE command for
> partitioned tables?  That would override the
> default_table_access_method, so it should give the correct result, no?

Ah, upthread you noted that pg_restore-time --no-table-access-method
needs to be able to elide it, so a dump-time USING clause doesn't work.

I think it's easy enough to add a "bool ispartitioned" to TableInfo and
use an ALTER TABLE or rely on the GUC depending on that -- seems easy
enough.

Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables