Re: What's our minimum ninja version?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: What's our minimum ninja version?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-04-15 20:26:49 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> installation.sgml says our minimum meson version is 0.54, but it's
> silent on what the minimum ninja version is.  What RHEL8 supplies
> doesn't work for me:

Yea. There was some thread where we'd noticed that, think you were on that
too.

We could probably work around the issue, if we needed to, possibly at the
price of a bit more awkward notation. But I'm inclined to just document it.

> $ meson setup build
> Found ninja-1.8.2 at /usr/bin/ninja
> ninja: error: build.ninja:7140: multiple outputs aren't (yet?) supported by depslog; bring this up on the mailing
listif it affects you

> WARNING: Could not create compilation database.
>
> That's not a huge problem in itself, but I think we should figure
> out what's the minimum version that works, and document that.

Looks like it's 1.10, released 2020-01-27.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Bugs in ecpg's macro mechanism
Сообщение: Re: Bugs in ecpg's macro mechanism