Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-04-10 15:19:47 +0300, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 9:54 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 12:33 PM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Yes, it was my mistake. I got rushing trying to fit this to FF, even doing significant changes just before
commit.
> > > I'll revert this later today.
>
> The patch to revert is attached.  Given that revert touches the work
> done in 041b96802e, I think it needs some feedback before push.

Hm. It's a bit annoying to revert it, you're right. I think on its own the
revert looks reasonable from what I've seen so far, will continue looking for
a bit.

I think we'll need to do some cleanup of 041b96802e separately afterwards -
possibly in 17, possibly in 18.  Particularly post-27bc1772fc8
acquire_sample_rows() was tied hard to heapam, so it made sense for 041b96802e
to create the stream in acquire_sample_rows() and have
block_sampling_read_stream_next() be in analyze.c. But eventually that should
be in access/heap/. Compared to 16, the state post the revert does tie
analyze.c a bit closer to the internals of the AM than before, but I'm not
sure the increase matters.

Greetings,

Andres Freund