Re: Issue with the PRNG used by Postgres

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Issue with the PRNG used by Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-04-10 09:48:42 -0700, Parag Paul wrote:
> Yes, the probability of this happening is astronomical, but in production
> with 128 core servers with 7000 max_connections, with petabyte scale data,
> this did repro 2 times in the last month. We had to move to a local
> approach to manager our ratelimiting counters.

What version of PG was this?  I think it's much more likely that you're
hitting a bug that caused a lot more contention inside lwlocks. That was fixed
for 16+ in a4adc31f690 on 2022-11-20, but only backpatched to 12-15 on
2024-01-18.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Issue with the PRNG used by Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Issue with the PRNG used by Postgres