Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-03-30 23:33:04 +0200, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> I've pushed 0001, 0002 and 0006.

I briefly looked at 27bc1772fc81 and I don't think the state post this commit
makes sense. Before this commit another block based AM could implement analyze
without much code duplication. Now a large portion of analyze.c has to be
copied, because they can't stop acquire_sample_rows() from calling
heapam_scan_analyze_next_block().

I'm quite certain this will break a few out-of-core AMs in a way that can't
easily be fixed.

And even for non-block based AMs, the new interface basically requires
reimplementing all of analyze.c.

What am I missing here?

Greetings,

Andres Freund