Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed  (Kartyshov Ivan <i.kartyshov@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

BTW I noticed that
https://coverage.postgresql.org/src/backend/commands/waitlsn.c.gcov.html
says that lsn_cmp is not covered by the tests.  This probably indicates
that the tests are a little too light, but I'm not sure how much extra
effort we want to spend.

I'm still concerned that WaitLSNCleanup is only called in ProcKill.
Does this mean that if a process throws an error while waiting, it'll
not get cleaned up until it exits?  Maybe this is not a big deal, but it
seems odd.

"Now I have my system running, not a byte was off the shelf;
It rarely breaks and when it does I fix the code myself.
It's stable, clean and elegant, and lightning fast as well,
And it doesn't cost a nickel, so Bill Gates can go to hell."