Re: AIX support

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: AIX support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 05, 2024 at 04:12:06PM +0000, Sriram RK wrote:

> > What you do need to do to reproduce the described problems is
> > check out the Postgres git tree and rewind to just before
> > commit 0b16bb877, where we deleted AIX support.  Any attempt
> > to restore AIX support would have to start with reverting that
> > commit (and perhaps the followup f0827b443).

> Going ahead, we want to build the changes that were removed as part of “0b16bb8776bb8”, with latest Xlc and gcc
version.

> We were building the source from the postgres ftp server(https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/), would like to
understandif there are any source level changes between the ftp server and the source on github?

To succeed in this endeavor, you'll need to develop fluency in the tools to
answer questions like that, or bring in someone who is fluent.  In this case,
GNU diff is the standard tool for answering your question.  These resources
cover other topics you would need to learn:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/So,_you_want_to_be_a_developer%3F

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?
От: 'Alvaro Herrera'
Сообщение: Re: Can't compile PG 17 (master) from git under Msys2 autoconf