Re: LogwrtResult contended spinlock

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: LogwrtResult contended spinlock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Apr-03, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> So what I do in the attached 0001 is stop using the XLogwrtResult struct
> in XLogCtl and replace it with separate Write and Flush values, and add
> the macro XLogUpdateLocalLogwrtResult() that copies the values of Write
> and Flush from the shared XLogCtl to the local variable given as macro
> argument.  (I also added our idiomatic do {} while(0) to the macro
> definition, for safety).  The new members are XLogCtl->logWriteResult
> and XLogCtl->logFlushResult and as of 0001 are just XLogRecPtr, so
> essentially identical semantics as the previous code.  No atomic access
> yet!

BTW I forgot.  I didn't like the name XLogUpdateLocalLogwrtResult() name
much.  What do you think about RefreshXLogWriteResult() instead?

"How strange it is to find the words "Perl" and "saner" in such close
proximity, with no apparent sense of irony. I doubt that Larry himself
could have managed it."         (ncm, http://lwn.net/Articles/174769/)