Re: AIX support

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: AIX support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Mar-21, Sriram RK wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> We are working on AIX systems and noticed that the thread on removing AIX support in Postgres going forward.
>
> https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/0b16bb8776bb834eb1ef8204ca95dd7667ab948b”
>
> We would be glad to understand any outstanding issues hindering the support on AIX.

There's a Discussion link at the bottom of that commit message.  I
suggest you read that discussion complete, and consider how much effort
you or your company are willing to spend on doing the maintenance of the
port yourselves for the community.  Maybe ponder this question: would it
be less onerous to migrate your Postgres servers to Linux, like Phil
Florent described on the currently-last message of that thread?

"Para tener más hay que desear menos"