Re: documentation structure

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: documentation structure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Mar-20, Robert Haas wrote:

> 0003 merges all of the "Internals" chapters whose names are the names
> of built-in index access methods (Btree, Gin, etc.) into a single
> chapter called "Built-In Index Access Methods". All of these chapters
> have a very similar structure and none of them are very long, so it
> makes a lot of sense, at least in my mind, to consolidate them into
> one.

I think you can achieve this with a much smaller patch that just changes
the outer tag in each file so that each file is a <sect1>, then create a
single file that includes all of these plus an additional outer tag for
the <chapter> (or maybe just add the <chapter> in postgres.sgml).  This
has the advantage that each AM continues to be a separate single file,
and you still have your desired structure.