Re: Building with meson on NixOS/nixpkgs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Building with meson on NixOS/nixpkgs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Mar-16, Wolfgang Walther wrote:

> The upstream name for the ossp-uuid package / pkg-config file is "uuid". Many
> distributions change this to be "ossp-uuid" to not conflict with e2fsprogs.

I can confirm that this is true for Debian, at least; the packaging
rules have this in override_dh_install:

    install -D -m 644 debian/tmp/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/pkgconfig/uuid.pc \
        debian/libossp-uuid-dev/usr/lib/pkgconfig/ossp-uuid.pc

which matches the fact that Engelschall's official repository has the
file named simply uuid.pc:
https://github.com/rse/uuid/blob/master/uuid.pc.in