Re: Inconsistent printf placeholders

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Inconsistent printf placeholders
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you for the suggestions.

At Thu, 14 Mar 2024 13:45:41 +0100, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote in
> I've only skimmed this so far but +1 on keeping the messages the same where
> possible to reduce translation work.  Adding a comment on the message where the
> casting is done to indicate that it is for translation might reduce the risk of
> it "getting fixed" down the line.

Added a comment "/* cast xxx to avoid extra translatable messages */.

At Thu, 14 Mar 2024 14:02:46 +0100, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote in
> If you want to make them uniform, then I suggest the error messages

Yeah. Having the same messages with only the placeholders changed is
not very pleasing during translation. If possible, I would like to
align them.

> should both be "%zd of %zu bytes", which are the actual types read()
> deals with.

I have considered only the two messages. Actually, buffile.c and md.c
are already like that. The attached aligns the messages in
pg_combinebackup.c and reconstruct.c with the precedents.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center