Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Mar-12, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 at 10:19, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> > Here's a last one for the cfbot.
>
> Thanks for committing the first 3 patches btw. Attached a tiny change
> to 0001, which adds "(backing struct for PGcancelConn)" to the comment
> on pg_cancel_conn.

Thanks, I included it.  I hope there were no other changes, because I
didn't verify :-) but if there were, please let me know to incorporate
them.

I made a number of other small changes, mostly to the documentation,
nothing fundamental.  (Someday we should stop using <listentry> to
document the libpq functions and use refentry's instead ... it'd be
useful to have manpages for these functions.)

One thing I don't like very much is release_conn_addrinfo(), which is
called conditionally in two places but unconditionally in other places.
Maybe it'd make more sense to put this conditionality inside the
function itself, possibly with a "bool force" flag to suppress that in
the cases where it is not desired.

In pqConnectDBComplete, we cast the PGconn * to PGcancelConn * in order
to call PQcancelPoll, which is a bit abusive, but I don't know how to do
better.  Maybe we just accept this ... but if PQcancelStart is the only
way to have pqConnectDBStart called from a cancel connection, maybe it'd
be saner to duplicate pqConnectDBStart for cancel conns.

Thanks!