Re: Reports on obsolete Postgres versions

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Reports on obsolete Postgres versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 04:37:49PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>     https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/
>
> This web page should correct the idea that "upgrades are more risky than
> staying with existing versions".  Is there more we can do?  Should we
> have a more consistent response for such reporters?

I've read that the use of the term "minor release" can be confusing.  While
the versioning page clearly describes what is eligible for a minor release,
not everyone reads it, so I suspect that many folks think there are new
features, etc. in minor releases.  I think a "minor release" of Postgres is
more similar to what other projects would call a "patch version."

--
Nathan Bossart