Re: make BuiltinTrancheNames less ugly

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: make BuiltinTrancheNames less ugly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Mar-01, Tristan Partin wrote:

> On Fri Mar 1, 2024 at 8:00 AM CST, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > I'm pretty disappointed of not being able to remove
> > generate-lwlocknames.pl (it now generates the .h, no longer the .c
> > file), but I can't find a way to do the equivalent #defines in CPP ...
> > it'd require invoking the C preprocessor twice.  Maybe an intermediate
> > .h file would solve the problem, but I have no idea how would that work
> > with Meson.  I guess I'll do it in Make and let somebody suggest a Meson
> > way.
>
> I can help you with Meson if you get the Make implementation done.

Actually I realized that we need to keep the Perl script anyway because
we want to be able to cross-check the wait_event_names.txt files to
ensure we generate the correct documentation.  Since it was simple
enough, I added the Meson support already.

Essentially, you're proposing Kevlar shoes as a solution for the problem
that you want to walk around carrying a loaded gun aimed at your foot.
(Tom Lane)

Вложения