Re: Facing issue in installing pg_cron extension in Postgresql 15

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Facing issue in installing pg_cron extension in Postgresql 15
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 11:19:19AM +0000, Ramya Ashwin wrote:
> I need to run a job which schedule everyday at midnight and for that am
> trying to add pg_cron extension in Postgresql 15. I followed the
> instructions and updated the postgresql.conf from the data directory. Ater
> that it is recommended to restart the DB inorder to get all the
> configurations implemented.

This mailing list is for bugs in core PostgreSQL.  pg_cron is out of scope.
You could try https://github.com/citusdata/pg_cron/issues.

> When I restated the Postgresql, it stopped and couldn't able to restart and
> leads to reinstalling the same.

When "it stopped and couldn't able to restart", there must have been
associated log messages.  Wherever you post, do share the exact log messages
that led to your conclusions.

> Please help to do the pg_cron installation without restarting the DB.

https://github.com/citusdata/pg_cron#setting-up-pg_cron does require changing
shared_preload_libraries, which requires a restart.  If you haven't already
done that, there's no supported way to avoid a restart.