Re: Relation bulk write facility

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Relation bulk write facility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-02-27 12:59:14 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2024-02-27 15:45:45 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> > With AIX out of the picture, lapwing will be the only remaining
> > animal testing MAXALIGN less than 8.  That seems like a single
> > point of failure ... should we spin up another couple 32-bit
> > animals?  I had supposed that my faithful old PPC animal mamba
> > was helping to check this, but I see that under NetBSD it's
> > joined the ALIGNOF_DOUBLE==8 crowd.
>
> I can set up a i386 animal, albeit on an amd64 kernel. But I don't think the
> latter matters.

That animal is now running, named "adder". Due to a typo there are still
spurious errors on the older branches, but I've triggered those to be re-run.

Currently adder builds with autconf on older branches and with meson on newer
ones. Is it worth setting up two animals so we cover both ac and meson with 32
bit on 16/HEAD?

There's something odd about how we fail when not specifying the correct PERL
at configure time:
/home/bf/bf-build/adder/REL_13_STABLE/pgsql.build/../pgsql/src/pl/plperl/Util.c: loadable library and perl binaries are
mismatched(got first handshake key 0x93c0080, needed 0x9580080)

Not sure what gets linked against what wrongly. But I'm also not sure it's
worth the energy to investigate.

Greetings,

Andres Freund