Re: Allow non-superuser to cancel superuser tasks.

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Allow non-superuser to cancel superuser tasks.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 01:22:31AM +0500, Kirill Reshke wrote:
> Also, tap tests for functionality added. I'm not sure where to place them,
> so I placed them in a separate directory in `src/test/`
> Seems that regression tests for this feature are not possible, am i right?

It might be difficult to create reliable tests for pg_signal_autovacuum.
If we can, it would probably be easiest to do with a TAP test.

> Also, I was thinking of pg_signal_autovacuum vs pg_signal_backend.
> Should pg_signal_autovacuum have power of pg_signal_backend (implicity)? Or
> should this role have such little scope...

-1.  I don't see why giving a role privileges of pg_signal_autovacuum
should also give them the ability to signal all other non-superuser
backends.

--
Nathan Bossart