Re: Where can I find the doxyfile?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Where can I find the doxyfile?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Feb-02, John Morris wrote:

> Here is the updated patch. It should fix the meson issue when no
> doxygen is present.

I wish you'd stop proposing the lex filter so that we can discuss the
Doxyfile.in file and the accompanying Meson rule.

I think there's pretty much zero chance that we'd accept the
doxy_filter.l thingy in our source tree.  It seems something you want to
keep for your personal use.  I think this filter is the kind of genious
idea that it's OK if you can do it at home, but having something that
purports to display our source code and then show something that is
*not* our source tree sounds insane.  Who knows what artifacts are going
to show up in the doxygen output, and then we'll be on the hook to fix
those.  I propose to add the file to the wiki, maybe link to it from the
Developer_FAQ page.

Also, I'm not sure about the use case of people who wants to study the
Postgres source code but doesn't have time to download it into VSCode or
whatever.

In short: -1 from me.

I see the Doxy thing as roughly parallel to the coverage build rules ...
but the coverage rules seem more much closely intertwined with the tree
in a way that the Doxygen processing is not.  Speaking from my personal
point of view, I make very little use of our Doxygen pages, but I do use
them --- and very occassionally I would like to see what the changes
would be with some patch applied.  However, again, maybe having the .in
file in the wiki is enough, where you can download it and have your own
script to run it, and tweak the prefs however you want them and so on?