Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Jan-27, Andrey Borodin wrote:

> thanks for the ping! Most important parts of this patch set are discussed in [0]. If that patchset will be committed,
I'llwithdraw entry for this thread from commitfest.

> There's a version of Multixact-specific optimizations [1], but I hope they will not be necessary with effective
cachesdeveloped in [0]. It seems to me that most important part of those optimization is removing sleeps under SLRU
lockon standby [2] by Kyotaro Horiguchi. But given that cache optimizations took 4 years to get closer to commit, I'm
notsure we will get this optimization any time soon...

I'd appreciate it if you or Horiguchi-san can update his patch to remove
use of usleep in favor of a CV in multixact, and keep this CF entry to
cover it.

Perhaps a test to make the code reach the usleep(1000) can be written
using injection points (49cd2b93d7db)?

"La experiencia nos dice que el hombre peló millones de veces las patatas,
pero era forzoso admitir la posibilidad de que en un caso entre millones,
las patatas pelarían al hombre" (Ijon Tichy)

От: Sergey Prokhorenko
Сообщение: Re: UUID v7
От: Dmitry Dolgov
Сообщение: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15