Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Jan-26, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:

> Okay I tried doing that. I think the end result is indeed quite nice,
> having all the cancellation related functions together in a file. But
> it did require making a bunch of static functions in fe-connect
> extern, and adding them to libpq-int.h. On one hand that seems fine to
> me, on the other maybe that indicates that this cancellation logic
> makes sense to be in the same file as the other connection functions
> (in a sense, connecting is all that a cancel request does).

Yeah, I see that point of view as well.  I like the end result; the
additional protos in libpq-int.h don't bother me.  Does anybody else
wants to share their opinion on it?  If none, then I'd consider going
ahead with this version.

"We’ve narrowed the problem down to the customer’s pants being in a situation
 of vigorous combustion" (Robert Haas, Postgres expert extraordinaire)