Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

От Sutou Kouhei
Тема Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

In <CAEG8a3KhS6s1XQgDSvc8vFTb4GkhBmS8TxOoVSDPFX+MPExxxQ@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations" on Fri, 26 Jan 2024 16:41:50 +0800,
  Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku@gmail.com> wrote:

> CopyToProcessOption()/CopyFromProcessOption() can only handle
> single option, and store the options in the opaque field,  but it can not
> check the relation of two options, for example, considering json format,
> the `header` option can not be handled by these two functions.
>
> I want to find a way when the user specifies the header option, customer
> handler can error out.

Ah, you want to use a built-in option (such as "header")
value from a custom handler, right? Hmm, it may be better
that we call CopyToProcessOption()/CopyFromProcessOption()
for all options including built-in options.

Thanks,
--
kou

Сообщение: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Сообщение: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations