Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

От Sutou Kouhei
Тема Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

In <CAEG8a3+-oG63GeG6v0L8EWi_8Fhuj9vJBhOteLxuBZwtun3GVA@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations" on Fri, 26 Jan 2024 16:18:14 +0800,
  Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the current implementation, there is no way that one can check
> incompatibility
> options in ProcessCopyOptions, we can postpone the check in CopyFromStart
> or CopyToStart, but I think it is a little bit late. Do you think
> adding an extra
> check for incompatible options hook is acceptable (PFA)?

Thanks for the suggestion! But I think that a custom handler
can do it in
CopyToProcessOption()/CopyFromProcessOption(). What do you
think about this? Or could you share a sample COPY TO/FROM
WITH() SQL you think?

Thanks,
--
kou