Fix some errdetail's message format

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Fix some errdetail's message format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
We recently made corrections to the capitalization of DETAIL messages.
For example;

-        GUC_check_errdetail("invalid list syntax in parameter %s",
+        GUC_check_errdetail("Invalid list syntax in parameter %s",

But still it is missing the period at the end.

There are several patterns to this issue, but this time, I have only
fixed the ones that are simple and obvious as follows:

a. GUC_check_errdetail("LITERAL"), errdetail("LITERAL") without a period.
b. psprintf()'ed string that is passed to errdetail_internal()

I didn't touch the following patterns:

c. errdetail_internal("%s")
d. errdetail("Whatever: %s")
e. errdetail("%s versus %s") and alikes
f. errdetail_internal("%s", pchomp(PQerrorMessage()))
g. complex message compilation

The attached patch contains the following fix:

-                GUC_check_errdetail("timestamp out of range: \"%s\"", str);
+                GUC_check_errdetail("Timestamp out of range: \"%s\".", str);

But I'm not quite confident about whether capitalizing the type name
here is correct.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi