Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

От Sutou Kouhei
Тема Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

In <CAEG8a3J02NzGBxG1rP9C4u7qRLOqUjSOdy3q5_5v__fydS3XcA@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations" on Fri, 12 Jan 2024 14:40:41 +0800,
  Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Could you clarify what should we discuss? We should require
>> that COPY TO/FROM handlers should use PostgreSQL's memory
>> context for all internal memory allocations?
>
> Yes, handlers should use PostgreSQL's memory context, and I think
> creating other memory context under CopyToStateData.copycontext
> should be suggested for handler creators, so I proposed exporting
> CopyToStateData to public header.

I see.

We can provide a getter for CopyToStateData::copycontext if
we don't want to export CopyToStateData. Note that I don't
have a strong opinion whether we should export
CopyToStateData or not.

Thanks,
--
kou