Re: Recovering from detoast-related catcache invalidations

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Recovering from detoast-related catcache invalidations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 03:47:13PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
> > This is uncomfortably much in bed with the tuple table slot code,
> > perhaps, but I don't see a way to do it more cleanly unless we want
> > to add some new provisions to that API.  Andres, do you have any
> > thoughts about that?
>
> Oh!  After nosing around a bit more I remembered systable_recheck_tuple,
> which is meant for exactly this purpose.  So v4 attached.

systable_recheck_tuple() is blind to heap_inplace_update(), so it's not a
general proxy for invalidation messages.  The commit for $SUBJECT (ad98fb1)
doesn't create any new malfunctions, but I expect the systable_recheck_tuple()
part will change again before the heap_inplace_update() story is over
(https://postgr.es/m/flat/CAMp+ueZQz3yDk7qg42hk6-9gxniYbp-=bG2mgqecErqR5gGGOA@mail.gmail.com).