reorganize "Shared Memory and LWLocks" section of docs

От Nathan Bossart
Тема reorganize "Shared Memory and LWLocks" section of docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I recently began trying to write documentation for the dynamic shared
memory registry feature [0], and I noticed that the "Shared Memory and
LWLocks" section of the documentation might need some improvement.  At
least, I felt that it would be hard to add any new content to this section
without making it very difficult to follow.

Concretely, I am proposing breaking it into two sections: one for shared
memory and one for LWLocks.  Furthermore, the LWLocks section will be split
into two: one for requesting locks at server startup and one for requesting
locks after server startup.  I intend to also split the shared memory
section into at-startup and after-startup sections if/when the dynamic
shared memory registry feature is committed.

Besides this restructuring, I felt that certain parts of this documentation
could benefit from rephrasing and/or additional detail.

Thoughts?

[0] https://postgr.es/m/20231205034647.GA2705267%40nathanxps13

--
Nathan Bossart

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests
Сообщение: Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests