Re: Build versionless .so for Android

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Build versionless .so for Android
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-01-05 15:57:23 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 05.01.24 01:00, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> > Attached a patch with a (hopefully) better wording of the comment.
> >
> > I have unsuccessfully tried to find an official source for this policy.
> > So for reference some discussions about the topic:
> >
> > - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11491065/linking-with-versioned-shared-library-in-android-ndk
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11491065/linking-with-versioned-shared-library-in-android-ndk>
> > - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18681401/how-can-i-remove-all-versioning-information-from-shared-object-files
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18681401/how-can-i-remove-all-versioning-information-from-shared-object-files>
>  What I would like to see is a specific thing that you are trying to do that
> doesn't work.  Probably, you are writing a program that is meant to run on
> Android, and you are linking it (provide command line), and then what
> happens?  The linking fails?  It fails to run?  What is the error? Can you
> provide a minimal example?  And so on.

I looked around for a bit, and couldn't really find good documentation around
this. The best I found is
https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/abis#native-code-in-app-packages
which does strongly imply that the library names aren't versioned.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Fix bogus Asserts in calc_non_nestloop_required_outer