Re: Stack overflow issue

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Stack overflow issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-01-05 12:23:25 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I agree that in the memory-context case it might be worth expending
> some more code to be more clever. But I probably wouldn't do that for
> MemoryContextStats(); check_stack_depth() seems fine for that one.

We run MemoryContextStats() when we fail to allocate memory, including during
abort processing after a previous error. So I think it qualifies for being
somewhat special. Thus I suspect check_stack_depth() wouldn't be a good idea -
but we could make the stack_is_too_deep() path simpler and just return in the
existing MemoryContextStatsInternal() when that's the case.

Greetings,

Andres Freund