Re: Problem with pg_hba.conf file in Postgres 7.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with pg_hba.conf file in Postgres 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
April Carvalho <acarvalh@brave.cs.uml.edu> writes:
> I've been trying to fix a problem with my pg_hba.conf file.
> For some reason, when using an external file when declaring
> a list of users that can see a database, postgress is giving
> me a syntax error.

It seems to work for me with 7.4.1 --- but the @-inclusion syntax
is fairly recent.  I'm not sure if it is supported in 7.3.*.
What PG version are you using?

> I think the problem may be the file itself, but there's nothing in the
> postgres docs that say how this file should be formatted.

It's just a free-format list of names.  Either of these should work:

    user1 user2 user3

    user1
    user2
    user3

I think you can have comments too.

[ thinks... ]  Are you remembering to SIGHUP the postmaster after
changing the file contents?  It won't notice a change otherwise.