Re: Building Extension on Linux fails with relocation error

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: Building Extension on Linux fails with relocation error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2023-12-22 10:31:14 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Binaek Sarkar <binaek@turbot.com> writes:
> > The issue arises with a Go module that is compiled into a .a archive file
> > using -buildmode=c-archive, leading to a *file size of approximately 393 MB*.
[...]
> > Interestingly, the *build completes successfully when the .a file is
> > smaller* (around 100 MB).
>
> Pure luck I suspect.

I seem to remember a 256MB limit for position independent code on x86.
The current man-page for GCC doesn't mention such a limit, though, so I
may be mistaken.

        hp

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Building Extension on Linux fails with relocation error
Сообщение: Re: Building Extension on Linux fails with relocation error