Re: Read write performance check

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: Read write performance check
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2023-12-20 00:44:48 +0530, veem v wrote:
>  So at first, we need to populate the base tables with the necessary data (say
> 100million rows) with required skewness using random functions to generate the
> variation in the values of different data types. Then in case of row by row
> write/read test , we can traverse in a cursor loop. and in case of batch write/
> insert , we need to traverse in a bulk collect loop. Something like below and
> then this code can be wrapped into a procedure and passed to the pgbench and
> executed from there. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

One important point to consider for benchmarks is that your benchmark
has to be similar to the real application to be useful. If your real
application runs on a different node and connects to the database over
the network, a benchmark running within a stored procedure may not be
very indicative of real performance.

        hp

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Read write performance check
Сообщение: Re: Read write performance check