Re: introduce dynamic shared memory registry

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: introduce dynamic shared memory registry
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 12:05:28PM +0300, Nikita Malakhov wrote:
> Just a suggestion - maybe it is worth adding a function for detaching the
> segment,
> for cases when we unload and/or re-load the extension?

Hm.  We don't presently have a good way to unload a library, but you can
certainly DROP EXTENSION, in which case you might expect the segment to go
away or at least be reset.  But even today, once a preloaded library is
loaded, it stays loaded and its shared memory remains regardless of whether
you CREATE/DROP extension.  Can you think of problems with keeping the
segment attached?

--
Nathan Bossart