Re: Why are wal_keep_size, max_slot_wal_keep_size requiring server restart?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Why are wal_keep_size, max_slot_wal_keep_size requiring server restart?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Hannu,

On 2023-Dec-09, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> Does anyone know why we have decided that the wal_keep_size,
> max_slot_wal_keep_size GUCs "can only be set in the postgresql.conf
> file or on the server command line."  [1]?

I think you misread that boilerplate text.  If a GUC can be set in the
postgresql.conf file, then you can change it there and do a reload.
Any change will take effect then.  No need for a restart.

Variables that require a restart say "This parameter can only be set at
server start."

"El sentido de las cosas no viene de las cosas, sino de
las inteligencias que las aplican a sus problemas diarios
en busca del progreso." (Ernesto Hernández-Novich)