Re: Use of backup_label not noted in log

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Use of backup_label not noted in log
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-11-18 09:30:01 -0400, David Steele wrote:
> I know this isn't really a bug, but not being able to tell where recovery
> information came from seems like a major omission in the logging.

Yea. I was preparing to forecefully suggest that some monitoring tooling
should verify that new standbys and PITRs needs to check that backup_label was
actually used, just to remember that there's nothing they could realistically
use (using DEBUG1 in production imo isn't realistic).

Greetings,

Andres Freund