Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I just noticed that 0003 does some changes to
TransactionGroupUpdateXidStatus() that haven't been adequately
explained AFAICS.  How do you know that these changes are safe?

0001 contains one typo in the docs, "cotents".

I'm not a fan of the fact that some CLOG sizing macros moved to clog.h,
leaving others in clog.c.  Maybe add commentary cross-linking both.
Alternatively, perhaps allowing xact_buffers to grow beyond 65536 up to
the slru.h-defined limit of 131072 is not that bad, even if it's more
than could possibly be needed for xact_buffers; nobody is going to use
64k buffers, since useful values are below a couple thousand anyhow.

Tom: There seems to be something broken here.
Teodor: I'm in sackcloth and ashes...  Fixed.
                               http://postgr.es/m/482D1632.8010507@sigaev.ru